My name is Lindsey, originally from the Seattle, WA area (born and raised). I grew up eldest of 3 girls in a suburb of the Seattle area on the Eastside. I have worked since I was 11 years old, often babysitting and trying to find ways to make money on my own. I always wanted financial independence from my parents and strived to find different ways to earn a living while continuing my education post high-school.
Continuing my post high school education was important to me and my future but I also craved the independence of working as well. I soon came across an opportunity with a telecommunications company and quickly learned they payed for college education, books etc. This was a huge huge benefit for me and I couldn’t pass this opportunity up as I would have the best of both worlds (financial independence and continuing school at the same time). I worked for various roles within this company for 13 great years and was able to complete my bachelors degree. I also met my best friend, now husband at this company and got married in 2011. In early 2017 my husband left his long time career in telecommunications and found a job opportunity in Eastern WA (we both yearned for a much simpler pace of life than the life we both had growing up on the Eastside of Seattle, WA.) By summer of 2017 I decided to take a huge risk and move to Eastern WA and leave it all behind, jobless and all! As scary as this all was (as I had never not had a job for as long as I could remember) I was ready for the next chapter and challenges this brought to my life. I knew that in life if you don’t take risks there is no room for growth & happiness. By 2018 my son was born and it changed my world forever in the best way possible.
RANDOM Facts about Lindsey;
- I have a love for animals which is my reasoning for more space/privacy in Eastern, WA- I have 5 chickens and a toy poodle named Ava (i hope to continue expanding this in the future)
- I love love motocross, being outside and own a dirt bike- however struggle to find the time to do this now that I am a mommy
- Hiking & being by the ocean is my Happy Place 🙂
- I am a Virgo and Astrology fascinates me
- I can be a bit of a control freak and it drives my husband insane at times
- Mexico is my favorite place on earth, I love traveling and learning new things about different places and cultures
- Meditation is part of my daily routine and keeps me grounded
- Gardening keeps me in a state of calm, great way to combine meditation & my love for nature but I have soo much to learn from people
- I started to redo old furniture on the side to keep myself busy while I stayed home with my son
- Love the Seattle Seahawks/football & basketball ( I wish the Seattle Supersonics would come back !!!)